Sep. 03, 2021
Butterfly valves are suitable for flow regulation. Because the pressure loss of butterfly valves in the pipeline is relatively large, about three times that of gate valves. Therefore, when selecting butterfly valves, full consideration should be given to the impact of pressure loss on the pipeline system. Consideration should also be given to the robustness of the butterfly plate to withstand the pressure of the pipeline medium when closed. In addition, consideration must be given to the limits of the working temperature to which the resilient seat material is subjected at high temperatures.
1. Typically, in throttling, regulating control, and slurry media, short construction lengths and fast opening and closing speeds (1/4 turn) are required. Low-pressure shut-off (small differential pressure), the butterfly valve is recommended.
2. In the two-position adjustment, the serrated grounding channel. Low noise, cavitation, and cavitation. The leakage to the atmosphere is small, and the butterfly valve can be used when there is abrasive media.
Usually, in throttling, regulating control, and slurry media, the structure is required to be short in length and fast in opening and closing speed (1/4 turn). Low-pressure cut-off (small differential pressure), the butterfly valve is recommended.
3. Soft seal eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for two-way opening and closing and regulation of ventilation and dust removal pipelines, widely used in metallurgy, light industry, electric power, petrochemical systems of gas pipelines and waterways, etc.
4. Metal-to-metal line seal double eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for urban heating, gas supply, water supply, and other gas, oil, acid, and alkali pipelines, as a regulating and throttling device.
1. Due to the limitation of the structure and sealing material of the butterfly valve, it is not suitable for high-temperature and high-pressure pipeline systems. The general working temperature is below 300℃ and the nominal pressure is below PN40.
2. As the pressure loss of butterfly valve is relatively large compared with that of gate valve and ball valve, it is suitable for pipeline system with the less strict requirement of pressure loss.
3. As butterfly valves can be used as flow regulation, they are suitable for use in pipelines that require flow regulation.
4. Since the butterfly valve can be opened or closed by rotating only 90°, it is appropriate to choose the butterfly valve on the occasion of fast opening and closing requirements.
As the structure length of butterfly valve is relatively short, and can be made into a large mouth by, so in the structure length requirements of short occasions or largemouth by the valve (such as DN1000 above), should choose butterfly valve.