Sep. 14, 2021
Butterfly valves are mainly used for flow regulation. Continue reading for more information on the correct use of butterfly valves.
1. Usually, in throttling, regulating control, and slurry media, short structure length and fast opening and closing speed (1/4 turn) are required. For low-pressure shut-off (small differential pressure), butterfly valves are recommended.
2. Butterfly valves have a small structural length and overall height. Fast opening and closing speeds and good fluid control characteristics. The construction principle of the butterfly valve is best suited to making large diameter valves. When a butterfly valve is required for flow control purposes, it is most important that the correct size and type of butterfly valve is selected. To enable it to work properly and effectively.
3. As the pressure loss in the pipeline of a butterfly valve is relatively large, about three times that of a gate valve. Therefore, when selecting a butterfly valve, the influence of pressure loss on the pipeline system should be fully considered. Consideration should also be given to the robustness of the butterfly plate to withstand the pressure of the pipeline medium when closed. In addition, consideration must also be given to the limits of the working temperature to which the resilient seat material is subjected at high temperatures.
4. When using a butterfly valve under special working conditions requiring strict sealing, or under severe wear and tear, or low-temperature conditions, a specially designed metal sealed triple or double eccentric butterfly valve with an adjustment device is required.
5. Soft seal eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for opening and closing and regulating ventilation and dust removal pipelines in both directions, and is widely used in gas pipelines and waterways of metallurgy, light industry, electric power, petrochemical systems, etc.
6. Midline butterfly valve is suitable for the requirement to achieve complete sealing. The required gas test leakage is zero. Requires working temperature of -10℃～150℃ in freshwater, sewage, seawater, saltwater, steam, natural gas, food, medicine, oil, and various acid and alkali and other pipelines.
7. metal to metal surface sealing three eccentric butterfly valves in addition to the use as a large pressure change adsorption (PSA) gas separation device program control valve, but also can be widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, metallurgical, electric power, and other fields, is a good alternative to the gate valve, globe valve. t suitable for urban heating, gas supply, water supply, and other gas, oil, acid, and alkali pipelines, as a regulating and throttling device.
1. Due to the structure of the butterfly valve and sealing material restrictions, should not be used for high temperature, high-pressure pipeline system. The general working temperature is below 300℃ and the nominal pressure is below PN40.
2. As the pressure loss of butterfly valve is relatively large compared with gate valve and ball valve, it is suitable for pipeline system with less strict pressure loss requirement.
3. Since butterfly valves can be used as flow control, they are suitable for use in pipelines where flow control is required.
4. Since butterfly valves can be opened or closed by rotating only 90°, they are suitable for use in applications where opening and closing are required quickly.
5. Since the structure length of the butterfly valve is relatively short and can be made into a large mouth, so in the structure length requirements of short occasions or largemouth by the valve (such as DN1000 above), should choose butterfly valve.